Friday, October 31, 2008

Tricks or Treats

This morning I found myself applying make-up at 6:30 to look like a vampire. I was going to be going to the local Canadian Blood Services clinic(where they collect blood from donors) to hand out a few prizes to folks who showed up to donate and to do a cut in with the morning show to publicize the current depletion of blood reserves in the country. So I got myself a Dracula cape and made up my face to look a little dark and evil. Dark purple eyeshadow, which I also brushed on my cheeks to make me look a little gaunt, dark purple eyeliner, and dark lipstick. Walking in the door at work, I was told I looked "hot". Several people noticed I was wearing make-up and told me how "nice" I looked. Not a one of them was being sarcastic. So much for looking evil, I guess.

Not too many people getting dressed up for work today. We only managed to trick one new gal into putting on a get-up, telling her all week that "Oh, yes, everybody gets dressed up for Hallowe'en here", and she had on pussy cat ears that were easily removed.

My boss gets into the spirit though. I took a picture of him at work as he was preparing to go out and do some "gorilla" marketing. His biggest costume desire, though, is to dress up as one of the Yip Yip monsters from Sesame Street. Here's hoping he can fulfill that desire one day.

4 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

Heeeyyyyy!!!!

I wanna see the Vampire!!!!

No pics?

Denver Refashionista said...

I was a putty tat but I have not decided what to wear out tonight yet.

BRAINCHEESE said...

What?!? No picture of that "hot" costume?!? Pfft...LOL (Although, you probably DID look great seeing as how you always look wonderfully spiffy in your photos...sigh...)

Linda D. in Seattle

Unknown said...

I know I know.....but as a vampire I wouldn't have shown up in any pictures anyway...I couldn't see my reflection to apply lipstick, either.

S.