Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cranky Baby

Cranky Baby is spending the weekend with me. Today we went to work for a picture session,then after I hosted the annual ALS Walk we went to the Sackville Rivers Association last fish release of salmon.
On the way home we stopped at a church flea market and went inside to look for treasures. I didn't find anything to buy, but the gentleman who was taking our 50 cents admission was an absolute gem. He asked all kinds of questions about Cranky Baby and when I asked if he'd pose with her, he smiled from ear to ear and said sure. Then I told him he'd have to give me his best Cranky Baby impersonation. He complied. What a hoot! I am in love with this almost 90 year old veteran.
After we got home and had lunch, it was time to do a little gardening. Cranky Baby went straight to the potatoes...she does love fries.....
Not terribly happy with the buttercups, however.
There are a few more pics I have to post but that will do for now. Everywhere I went with Cranky Baby people had questions. The main thing is that she enables me to mention the Bike Tours coming up and if an opportunity presents itself, I can ask for a donation. Tomorrow she will don her bike helmet and go with us for a nice long ride on the south shore. Later in the week, she'll put on her biker gear (leather jacket and bandana) and we'll go hang out with some bikers for picture opportunities and a chance for me to sell some raffle tickets.

The lady slippers are in bloom out back of the building and I took a few pics. They will follow as well. And I found a caterpillar similar to a wooly bear. It curled up in self defense of course and I left it on the picnic table while we ate supper. Every few minutes I'd look at it and it hadn't moved....until suddenly it was gone from the table. Not anywhere on the ground. I searched under the table and everywhere it could possibly go. No sign of it. It just disappeared! Like my water boatman and my caddisfly, it was gone. I was going to let it go. Honest! I just wanted a pic when it was all stretched out. *Sigh*

S.

6 comments:

BRAINCHEESE said...

First, I apologize for my neglect in getting here to read the past few days...and second, I'm SOOO glad I got here today! Cranky Baby is adorable (I mean the 90 year old fellar who LOOKS like Cranky Baby!)...what a hoot! Or loosely translated in southern english, "Love the photos".

Linda D. in Seattle

Unknown said...

No apology needed. Just glad you got here. I should have taken the pic of him smiling as well - before and after shots so to speak.

S.

Bern said...

Okay...what's with the cranky baby...I don't get it. Did I miss something? BTW, if you'd like to borrow a LIVE cranky baby, I happen to have one on hand. :)
~B

Unknown said...

Everybody...this is Bernadette (Bern), a co-worker of mine.

Bern, Cranky Baby is going on adventures with me and the Bike Tour this year to spread the word about the Bike Tour. If you read back to March, you'll find out how we met.

S.

Unknown said...

And no thanks on the real cranky baby....:) Though she is adorable.

S.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.