Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bug Success!

Last Thursday morning I was returning from my haircut and came across an osprey's nest that I'd not noticed before (my eyes are usually on the road or if a passenger, looking for bugs on the windshield). So of course Cranky Baby and I stopped to take pics. In the first one you can see the Canadian and Nova Scotian flags next to the telephone pole where the birds had built their massive nest. The osprey is the provincial bird of Nova Scotia by the way. Another shot.
While waiting for something to happen, one of the adults flew from the nest and arrived back about 5 minutes later with an eel. If you click on the picture you may be able to get a better look.

Then driving to my folks place a little while later I heard on the radio about Ethel and Oscar, the two adult osprey in that very nest and that they have one baby and there's a cam to watch the excitement!! Here's the link.

Then this evening, I was clearing the table for supper. I had caught a little white, fuzzy moth the other day so took a look at it and then checked my other jar on the table, the one with the blue mud dauber wasp eggs in it. And there was a live one!! Must have hatched in the past day or so. I was as excited as a kid at Christmas. So I took pics and set it free.


Way too much excitement for me these days. And it doesn't stop there, either. Tomorrow I will be 45. Yay me.

11 comments:

Margaret Amoss, LPC said...

Happy Birthday!
(I turned 45 four days before you!)

Unknown said...

Margaret,
Happy Birthday to us!

Lisa,
Thanks!

S.
xoxo

Synchronicity said...

oh so today is your birthday! happy birthday to ya. sayyy i have seen that cranky baby near a piano lately. she sure does get around!

Nervus Rex said...

Happy Birthday Shauna!!!

What do you and Cranky Baby have planned for your big day?

I am clicking on the osprey cam to have a look! What a great idea!

Unknown said...

Merelyme and Shawna,

Thanks ladies....it was a fairly quiet day. We need those sometimes....

s.

Denver Refashionista said...

Such an adventurer. Happy birthday!

BRAINCHEESE said...

Better late than...well, I'm just LATE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOUNG'IN!!!

Linda D. in Seattle

Unknown said...

thanks, ladies...here's to another 45 years.
s.

Diane J Standiford said...

STOP! You're killin' me with the baby. 45, AH, youth. LOL HB

harkoo said...

Here's to LIFE well lived...and to setting another life FREE! Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Diane, Harkoo....thanks!

S.