Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Excitement Builds

Ask me if I'm excited. OK, then, I'll just tell you I'm excited. Two things happened this weekend. The first is that I met Cranky Baby in person. She's just as foul tempered looking in person as she is on the web. But her mom is a sweetheart and she's excited about us getting together to do some fundraising for the Bike tour as well as spreading awareness of MS to a larger community. Cranky Baby will come with me from time to time on my forays into the wilds on Halifax trails as I train and we'll be bringing you pics of our outings. I know you're thrilled to hear that.

The other thing that happened is that I sent an e-mail to the publisher of a regional e-zine for cyclists in Atlantic Canada asking if I could publicize the Bike Tour and solicit donations through the e-zine. He wrote back and asked if I would write a monthly column about the event, my cycling experiences, and recreational cycling as an MSer. Ask me if I was excited. OK, then, I'll just......well, you get the picture. If it weren't for MS, I wouldn't be cycling, I wouldn't be involved in the Sackville Rivers Association (which is another post coming soon), and I wouldn't be involved with Nova Scotia Rails to Trails. Which means I wouldn't be finding as many nifty 6-legged specimens as I have found on my journeys. Which means you wouldn't get a chance to see the cool pics. So it's a relatively good thing I have MS.

S.

5 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

That's so cool!!
I've got a little surprise for you over at my place. Do stop by.
Lisa

Charles-A. Rovira said...

My that's an ugly baby. :-)

I'm thrilled for your new publishing venture.

Uh, "Write on"...

BRAINCHEESE said...

As Charles says, "Write On, Dudette!"

Oh, and "Ride On", too... :-)

Linda D. in Seattle

Unknown said...

Charles,
I won't tell her you said that. Or was that me you were referring to?

Linda,
I will!

S.

Diane J Standiford said...

Again, awesome!!