Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cranky Baby and Busyness

Last week I had myself in stitches thinking about putting a tin foil hat on Cranky Baby. I wanted to photograph her in Mom's garden on Dad's alien landing pad. So we took the doll to my parents and my mom actually helped me with the hat. We covered her bicycle helmet with tin foil to achieve the look. I also told my dad that I wanted a picture of him and Cranky Baby wearing tin foil hats together. Unbelievably (to me, anyway) he was less than enthusiastic about the whole endeavor. I had to promise I'd take the picture from behind so people wouldn't be able to recognize him. Look for that in the next couple of weeks.
Here's my friend Ed in his store:
Ed really got into it. He suggested the popcorn bowl and the "fart factory" hat. This one is for PA (I said fart - heh).
What's a trip to the mall without a ride in a rocket or boat or spaceship.......

I actually took these last week but have been so busy I've barely had time to spit. The NS Bike Tour is this weekend, the apartment is starting to resemble a war zone, I'm trying to round up last minute donations, and I'm two months into the La Weight Loss program and shopping for fresh produce at least twice a week.

Oh, I didn't mention the weight loss thing, eh? Yeah, I've got a few pounds to lose. I'm down 7 pounds and 7 inches. Weekdays are good for me as I'm very regimented when I'm working as far as eating schedules go. Weekends are bad because I like to nap and go for longer bike rides(we did a 20 k ride Sunday) and that means my eating schedule is messed up. It's working for me anyway, albeit slowly. It'll pick up after this weekend once the bike tour is over.

I've been trying to keep caught up with the latest research studies and reports from various articles. Every day there's something new to report which supports my "perfect storm" theory about MS. OK, so it's not exactly "my" theory, but one I have adopted. And speaking of storms, we're bracing for the tail end of Tropical Storm Cristobal today so I must go batten down the hatches...

S.

6 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

Cute pics. Congrats on the weight loss.

Diane J Standiford said...

Just don't give CB a MRI in that cap.

Unknown said...

DR,
Thanks!

Diane,
heh....

S.

mdmhvonpa said...

Fashion and tinfoil in synergy!

Blinders Off said...

Shauna,

Congratulations on your weight loss. Do you plan on taking CB on the MS Bike Tour :)?

Unknown said...

PA:
My first thoughts really were fashion and tinfoil in synergy....

Blinders Off:
Yes, Cranky Baby will be coming with me. Tomorrow will involve a bath for the sweet dear (you think she's cranky now!) and getting her clothes ready for the ride......

S.