Friday, May 2, 2008

Cysts Gone

Two cysts, two fibroids, and an ovary later I'm up and around. I am looking forward to posting about this fascinating experience, but it will have to wait as I'm really really really tired.

Suffice to say, it was the best possible outcome, with no complications, and only one surprise for the surgeon. Apparently he was so impressed with what he saw through the scope he called the surgeon in the OR next door to come take a look. Cool. That's what I'm on this earth for, to teach others I guess. I am on schedule with my recovery, even going so far as to go outside to the grocery store with the Wookie and for a movie to watch later. We were moving at the speed of molasses in January, but we were out.

Now to get rid of the rest of the CO2 swirling around in my insides and walk a little more tomorrow. And I hope to be back at the keyboard for a little longer than two minutes at a time.

Oh! And thank you to all who had good thoughts and prayers for me. I am so lucky to have an extended internet family.

S.

4 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

Best news! My removals changed my life. (course one was cancer) Now take it easy and you will be flying on you bike b4 ya know it!

BRAINCHEESE said...

Yeah!!! She's back!!!

You know, I've always figured some organs/parts are spares...otherwise, why would we have been born with TWO??? Like ovaries, kidneys, lungs, etc...I'm just sayin'. LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

Lisa Emrich said...

So good to hear it went well. Take it easy as you recover.

Linda makes a good point. Redundant resources.

mdmhvonpa said...

Most excellent! You and Lance, beating the odds, eh?