Monday, November 17, 2008

Jack's Lake

I broke in the new boots today with a quick hike to Jack's Lake. I'm glad I went up there as the 2 inches of rain we got yesterday left the ground very soft; perfect to see the deer tracks:



This bridge was in better shape last year but still uncrossable. Now it's in even worse shape. I haven't found the trail that picks up on the other side yet, but it's only a matter of time.




About 100 feet to the right I took a few wonderful shots of the lake and the sunset. I was standing in the same spot I was in a few months ago where I found the leeches in the water's edge.





And the boots are muddy now, but my tootsies are dry.

S.

2 comments:

BRAINCHEESE said...

WOW! Those two lake photos with the sunset are STUNNING! You seem to have an "eye" for that...

Linda D. in Seattle

Denver Refashionista said...

Way to break in the boots!