Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Joker



Finally...the bugs are out and about, flying around. And two nights ago, I came across a moth I'd never seen before. The picture doesn't quite do it justice, as it was the prettiest green, lichen coloured, that makes the perfect camouflage on lichen covered trees. I believe it is a feralia jocosa - The Joker Sallow - but if it isn't, it is one of Feralias. There are at least 5 or 6 that have very similar colours and patterns.



I let it go today and rescued another brown moth that had become trapped in the lobby. And so my nightly forays around the building have begun!

S.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi all – I just wanted to let you know about a study currently enrolling people with relapsing forms of MS. The study is testing a medicine in pill form, teriflunomide, which you may have already heard about through MS news or NMSS reports. The study is called the TOWER study. Check it out here: www.tower3.msstudies.com/